Brilliant new SolarMAX™ HD Display: HDS Carbon Fishfinder/Chartplotters feature an ultra-clear SolarMAX™ HD multi-touch display using high-brightness LED backlighting and advanced anti-reflective coatings to create wider viewing angles in any lighting condition. Superior color accuracy and boosted high-resolution viewing panels provide dazzling views of today’s leading sonar, even when you’re wearing polarized sunglasses.
For more about the SolarMAX™ HD Display, see our West Advisor article: Amazing New IPS Displays for Marine Electronics.
Quick Dual Core Processor: Dual core high-performance processors deliver faster redraw speeds and quicker response times for dual-channel CHIRP sonar, dual network sounder views, StructureScan 3D® and StructureMap™. Split-screen views show all this and your charts at the same time. The dual core processors have enough reserve brute strength to drive future high-powered fishfinding upgrades.
Easy to operate; easy to connect: HDS Carbon also brings modern “smartphone-like” usability with integrated wireless and Bluetooth® connectivity that supports the most advanced marine technology, including a Network Analyzer that notifies you when new software is available, and a system Service Assistant that allows you to transmit a detailed report of your electronics network direct to technical advisors for custom hands-on assistance.
Your network hub: HDS Carbon can view and control Mercury VesselView® Link, pair with Power-Pole® shallow-water anchors, and control SmartSteer™ trolling motor/outboard motors. Many safety and entertainment plug-ins are available to complete your network.
- Internal GPS antenna: with 10Hz position update rate provides ultra-accurate trails, smoother chart performance and maximum position accuracy. Supports WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS corrections.
- Precision-9 compatible: the Precision-9 Compass supplies accurate heading and rate-of-turn information to Lowrance autopilot, radar and navigation systems over an NMEA 2000 connection. With an internal array of solid-state sensors constantly measuring motion and orientation on nine axes, the Precision-9 also provides pitch and roll data to compatible equipment.
- Extensive mapping options: HDS Carbon includes built-in world background reference map, and compatibility with the most expansive selection of cartography on the market. Mapping options include Insight Genesis™, Insight PRO by C-MAP, Lake Insight HD by C-MAP, C-MAP MAX-N+, Navionics® and more. Visit GoFreeMarine.com for details.
- Insight Genesis™ custom maps: Make your own maps using recorded sonar logs, upload data to an Insight Genesis® account, view secure custom chart detail online, add optional custom color layer, vegetation and bottom-hardness overlays and download to a microSD card for use on the water. Plus, you can also share custom maps with the global Insight Genesis Social Map community.
- Multi-view and chart sharing: View two charts simultaneously, in 2D or 3D perspective view, with independent control, range and overlay capabilities. Plus, get the maximum from your chart card purchases. Buy one map card and view it on all Ethernet networked HDS Gen3, HDS Gen2 Touch or Gen2 displays.
Display Type: LED-backlit SolarMAX HD multi-touch LCD
Screen Size: 12" diagonal
Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800
Receiver Type: 10Hz internal GPS/WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS
Included Cartography: Insight PRO by C-MAP
Optional Cartography: Insight Genesis™, Lake Insight HD by C-MAP, C-MAP MAX-N+, Navionics
Supported Frequencies: 455/800kHz (StructureScan 3D/HD), 40-60kHz, 85-145kHz, 130-210kHz (CHIRP), 50 kHz/83kHz/200kHz (Narrow Band)
Max. Depth: CHIRP: 3500'; StructureScan 3D: Side scan: 600', DownScan:300'
Transmit Power: 500W (RMS)
Transducer: StructureScan™ 3D transom mount
Data Interface: NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183
Voltage: 12V DC
Dimensions: 12 15/16"W x 8 7/8"H x 3 7/16"D
Waterproof Rating: IPX7
Warranty: Two years
What's in the Box
HDS Carbon display
Fasteners (4 x 6G x 1.5 panhead PH1)
Power/NMEA 0183 cable
Fuse holder (ATC blade)
Fuse (5 A)
Caps (3x for HDS-7, 4x for HDS-9/12 - for ethernet, NMEA 2000, StructureScan)
Documentation pack (Operator & Installation manual, Quick guide, warranty card)
Including Total Scan Sensor